Wednesday, March 2, 2011

challenge day 1, and our first fever...

Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts
 
i'm tina. i'm 25. i married tommy, who i met just before highschool graduation through a mutual friend, on july 7, 2007. we have two beautiful, amazing kids. ryan christopher graced us with his presence june 24, 2008, and is now about 2.5. kayleigh marie ("kiki")  arrived about 14.5 months later, on september 10, 2009.
 
this is me annoying the crap out of our dog, teemu:
 

and 15 facts....hmmmmmm....

1. although i majored in english, my grammar still stinks. and commas? yeah. they are the bane of my existence.

2. if you look at the bottom of my right foot, it looks like i only have four toes.

3. we had spider-man pez dispensers, a stanley cup replica, and hockey sticks incorporated into our wedding

4. i have hockey player radar. i dated 3 hockey players, but didn't know they played until after the fact.

5. i'm by no means a neat freak, but there are certain things that i am totally OCD about it...like organizing the kids' play kitchen stuff by food group and organizing their 9 cube organizer baskets by toy type.

6. i love candles and have to burn certain scents for certain seasons: cookies/vanilla/etc. in winter, floral and fresh linen scents in spring, tropical scents in summer, and pumpkin or apple scents in the fall.

7. i always run up the basement steps because i'm afraid someone or something is going to try to drag me back down.

8. although i played sports all through junior high, i always loathed running. last year, i decided i was going to try the couch to 5K program to get in shape, to challenge myself, and to get some me-time in the evenings. i wound up loving it, and miss it terribly now that it's too cold to run outside.

9. i hope to run a 10K by the end of this summer.

10. when i hit high school, i was too afraid to try out for sports. somehow my friends convinced me to try out for the spring musical, and it instantly became the center of my universe. i was in oliver!, fiddler on the roof, bye bye birdie (my favorite, by far), and the music man.

11. my grandma's ghost let us know that she was still around on my wedding day. thinking about it still gives me [happy] chills.

12. personality-wise, i really take after my mom (fun, but slightly inappropriate). until i get annoyed or angry...then i'm channeling my dad all the way (quiet, sarcastic).

13. when i was very young, my grandmother make me doll of wooden threadspools with a crocheted purple dress and hat. her name was penelope katrinket, and i really wish i knew what happened to her.

14. i scored higher than my (now pharmacist) friend did on the ACTs. i really have to bask in that since she is now making 5x what i am.

15. i was arrested in highschool for trespassing at a supposedly haunted house in the middle of the woods. i promptly grounded myself and only went out was to volunteer at the retirement home. when my case went before the magistrate, she was pissed that they wasted her time because it was obvious that i was a good kid and it was a dumb mistake. she made a reference to harry potter before ordering that my record be expunged.

day 1: COMPLETE ta-dah!

in other news, after over 2.5 years of mommyhood, i am finally faced with my first kid fever. kiki was running around 102 this evening, even though she's been acting more or less normal. i'm keeping an eye on her and hoping that she shakes it quickly. my doctor prescribed me something to help me sleep at my appointment this morning, but i'm not going to take it in case kiki needs me. my poor baby. =[

 

No comments:

Post a Comment